OBV21 STUDIO CHOIR – PROGRAM OUTLINE
- The OBV Studio Choir Program has an ethic of excellence, both in performance and in the appreciation of the joy of singing. Due to this focus on quality over quantity it is anticipated that the 2021 choir will be limited to around 15 members with the cost being $250 per term plus $30 each for headphones and polo shirt.
- The 2021 program will be conducted throughout Terms 3 and 4 with five fortnightly sessions per term. Each session is 90 minutes long. In the ‘gap’ weeks, students receive review materials from the previous week as well as preparation materials for the upcoming week. Yes, there is homework (the fun type.)
- Each choir member participates in at least one individual recording session with a professional producer/engineer.
- As part of their immersion, choristers experience at least two sessions per term in a large recording studio such as Studio A at NorthMetro TAFE in Leederville and Crank Recording in Northbridge.
- Although this program centres strongly around the recording environment, the Studio Choir will enjoy the honour of performing live at the RAC Arena as part of OBV21. Other live performance opportunities will also be offered as they arise.
- Parents are welcome to be present at all activities, including the individual sessions.
I can not speak highly enough of the program and the amazing experience it was for the kids. Any child who is passionate about singing would absolutely love it! And as a parent, it was so awesome to be able to sit in the Crank Studio session. We absolutely love the songs and are very proud that Ebony was part of recording them. Katie Ridgway – Parent
Selection is via invitation, audition and interview. Please go to our SELECTION INFORMATION page for full details.
OBV Producer Brendan O’Brien Introduces Studio Choir Program To OBV21 Teachers